Effective since: 14 December 2020
The Academic Recognition Hub is owned by the European University Association (EUA), which makes it a matter of pride to respect the privacy of our members and users and to treat their personal data in the strictest confidentiality and in accordance with the legislation in force.
- WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA?
The European University Association asbl incorporated in Brussels, Belgium and the European University Association incorporated in Geneva, Switzerland are the joint controller of your personal data as they share the same membership, secretariat, databases and online communications and survey tools.
Here is our complete contact information:
European University Association asbl (EUA)
Avenue de l’Yser 24, 1040 Brussels, Belgium
Belgian business registry number: BCE 0477216541
European University Association (EUA)
114, Rue du Rhône, Case postale 3174
1211 Geneva 3, Switzerland
Swiss business registry: CHE-100.936.540
E-mail address: email@example.com
+32 2 230 55 44 (Brussels)
+41 22 552 02 96 (Geneva)
- WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect your data – personal or otherwise – for various reasons which are defined in the following point (see point 3). It may include the following data:
- your identifying information (surname, first name, function, organisation or institution, e-mail address, and postal address);
- our communications (by email or other);
- the type of domain with which you connect to the Internet;
- the IP address assigned to you;
- the date and time of your access to our website;
- location data or other data relating to the communication;
- the pages you viewed on our website;
- the type of browser, platform and/or operating system you are using;
- the search engine and the keywords used to find the website;
- your browsing preferences.
- WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
We collect your data mainly to improve our service and, more generally, to easily communicate with each other. Finally, your data also allow us to improve and facilitate your navigation on our websites.
- HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
- IS YOUR DATA PROTECTED?
- HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
We keep your data for the time necessary to accomplish the objectives pursued (see point 3). Once this goal is achieved, we delete them.
- WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN THEY BE EXERCISED?
You may, at any time, request to verify, access, rectify, delete, transfer and object to the use of your data, as well as request the limitation of such use of your data. To do so, simply send us an email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then make every effort to take the necessary action as soon as possible.
- WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR DATA AND TO WHOM ARE THEY COMMUNICATED?
Our employees and subcontractors. They have access to it only to the extent necessary for fulfilling the objectives pursued (see point 3). Each of them is subject to a strict obligation of confidentiality.
- DO WE TRANSFER YOUR DATA ABROAD?
We only transfer your data to a non-EU country if it provides a level of protection equivalent to what you can find in your country of residence.
- HOW TO RECEIVE OUR INFORMATION BY EMAIL?
We only contact you by email if you have actively requested to receive updates by email by submitting your address via the website.
You can withdraw your consent to these communications at any time by clicking in the “Unsubscribe link” including in all our emails or sending an email to the following address: email@example.com.
- WHAT IS OUR POLICY ON DATA CONCERNING MINORS?
Our website is not targeted to children under the age of 18. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with their personal data without your consent, contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WHAT TO DO IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE?
Lengthy trials do not benefit anyone. In the event of a dispute between us, we commit to give priority to dialogue and openness in search of an amicable solution.